Long Term Care
In 2012 the Occupational Safety and Health ranked the long term care workplace as the most hazardous industry in the United States. This is in large part due to the number and severity of injuries related to the manual demand from lifting, transferring and re-positioning residents.
The National Institute of Occupational Safety verifies that patient mobilization tasks which exceed lifting more than 35 pounds should be completed with an assist device.
Prevent, Inc.'s "Get a Lift!" Program has been proven to guarantee a solid return on your investment.
In fact, the "Get a Lift!" Program has reduced the number and cost of employee injuries related to the mobilization of residents by at least 80% in more than 700 healthcare organizations across the U.S.
Prevent, Inc.'s long term care clients will verify that the "Get a Lift!" Program successfully and dramatically improves the safety of the workplace.
Prevent, Inc.'s services for long term care:
- Safe resident mobilization policy
- A systematic approach for determining and documenting each resident's needs for safe mobilization
- Training for all caregivers on the procedures use and function of mechanical lifts and assist devices
- Mentoring of caregivers with the use of equipment to lift, transfer and reposition residents
- Development of the processes to inventory and maintain mechanical lifts, assist devices,cloth slings and accessories
- Best practice review of all processes to identify opportunites to strengthen practice