"GET A LIFT!"® FAQs
1. How do I get more information about the "Get A Lift!"® Program?
2. Which safe patient handling product vendors do you primarily work with and do they have websites?
4. How much does it cost?
The cost varies based on the size of your facility, your location, the number of employees to be trained and the number of facilites you contract for the program. We can provide a specific proposal for your facility at your request.
5. What kind of safe patient handling equipment and how much of it will our facility need?
Equipment needs are determined by facility and are based on resident/patient mobility and transfer needs, the physical layout of your facility and your current lift equipment inventory. We will be happy to customize a proposal for your facility.
6. Do we have to buy the safe patient handling equipment for the program? What if we already have some equipment?
Prevent, Inc. is not a safe patient handling equipment vendor. Wherever possible, we encourage the use of existing equipment depending on its condition and safety. In order to have a successful program adequate amounts of equipment and accessories must be readily available.
7. Who implements the "Get A Lift!"® Program?
Prevent, Inc. Program Directors are professional nurses who work with administration, department managers and clinical staff to implement the "Get A Lift!"® Program. More importantly, they work hands-on with staff to resolve specific issues. Our nurses also provide hands-on follow-up visits that are critical to achieve a successful program.
8. What references can you provide?
The "Get A Lift!"® Program has been implemented in over 610 facilities in the United States and Canada . We have references available upon request from current Prevent, Inc. customers at locations nationwide.
9. How is this different from other programs?
We do not sell patient handling equipment. We are third party contracted directly with the facility. Prevent, Inc.'s product is a comprehensive program which permanently integrates the "Get A Lift!"® processes into the daily care of your patients. Prevent, Inc.'s Safe Patient Handling Program enables healthcare workers to safely and efficiently deliver quality care to their patients.
10. What is the response from the facility clinical staff regarding this program?
As always, change is difficult. Our role is to facilitate change in your facility. We work hands-on with your staff to problem-solve issues and determine ways to customize the program to benefit them and their patients. Some comments from our staff satisfaction surveys include:
11. What is your track record and success rate?
Prevent, Inc. has consistently achieved greater than 80% reduction in employee injuries related to patient handling and associated worker's compensation costs.
12. How does the "Get A Lift!"® Program achieve caregiver compliance with the processes and use of the patient handling equipment?
The processes are integrated into existing practices. For example, the patient handling guidelines must prompt the caregiver to complete this process. Also, mentoring the caregivers at the bedside has helped to illustrate the efficiency of using patient handling devices.
|©2007 Prevent All Rights Reserved firstname.lastname@example.org|